Saturday, January 14, 2012

Saturday Night Live

It's Heidi here, reporting in for blog-updating duty.

***Note: the picture captions are not matching up with the pictures...and I can't figure out how to fix it. I challenge you to match the captions to the pictures. Go. :)

What are you doing this Saturday eve? Well, my goodness, things are lively in the 429. Lots 'o treats, flowers, newspapers, walking laps, playing Rummy, and football playing in the background.

Today has been a good, relaxing day. Mom has walked many laps and taken several long naps. Originally, she was to be dismissed today, but after the drainage from her incision site has not lessened, the doctors insisted that she stay one more night (dad will report the numbers later...).

In an effort to explain to you the jazziness of our Saturday night, here are some pics.

This is what our hopping bar looks like:



Can you spot me (Heidi) in this picture?



What about in this picture?



This was our parade route this evening:



And mom rockin' the brace:




As I said, it's been a good day. Mom is generally feeling well. Her back is tight, but her nausea is no more. Dad is well. He could barely keep up with mom thanks to his gimpy foot.

Mom continues to blow our minds with her perseverance and positive attitude. Even in the midst of all that has occurred in her life this weekend, she refuses to get down on herself. What a lady. So thankful she's my mom. Here's to hoping that someday I'm half the woman she is.

PS - dad is pretty cool, too. :)

As promised, here is Elgin's numerical report:

Sheree has walked 15 laps today for a total of 36 laps. (22 laps is a mile) So over 1.5 miles.

Rummary score:
Sheree 45
Heidi 60
Elgin 184

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post Heidi - I think your mom is pretty amazing!! Sheree, you have been on my mind so much - and crazy as it is - when I was drying my hair yesterday morning, I pulled something in my back!-ouch! So every time my back hurts (which has been quite a bit for 2 days) my thoughts are constantly with you all! I also dreamed about you last night- I was so excited to see you, but was too nervous to hug you. Praying that you are strong and ready to be sent home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeehaw!!! Way to burn up the floor Sheree!!! You are looking good! Keep it up!!! Sleep good! Love ya' bunches!!! ~ Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Glanzer humor prevails...you are all amazing! Love the pics to get a feel for your home away from home. Prayers continue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go Sheree!!! Glad you had a good day! Missed seeing you today - will see you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. from Jean:
    Yay for being homeward bound!! Such good news! And your first sight of being at home will be a wonderful look-sie. "There's no place like home...., there's no place like home..."

    ReplyDelete